Monday, June 8, 2015

          I have always considered myself a sedentary person. I never really liked exercising and thought that all of my friends were wasting their time running after a ball. This led to me being overweight and after entering high school, I realized that I needed to be physically active in order to stay healthy.
During my 9th year of high school I started exercising twice a week, trying different sports every 3 months. I tried basketball, tennis and swimming. During this year I started running 3 times a week and going swimming on Sunday's. This helped me sleep better and focus on my studies. It also led to me losing a lot of weight. Nowadays I don't exercise as much as I used to but I try to remain physically active by walking & biking to my destinations. All in all I consider myself a sedentary person.
           I think Medinas research is scientifically accurate, however I don't believe that by simply remaining physically active one can sharpen their mental skills. In my opinion a physically active person can focus on their work better than an inactive person due to the flow of oxygen in the brain however an inactive person can do better on tests and class exercises by studying more.

           My goal for this summer is to continue tennis and try to break out of my amateur status. I'm going to go to the ubc tennis camps during July and continue on a weekly basis in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment